10 week course in Hove, Sussex
Practical life skills with enough toughness to last a lifetime.
Discover the Wisdom Within
Free to be Yourself
Philosophy aims to set you free. Free from pressures and worries, free from limiting ways of thinking, free to grow and be yourself.
Take your first steps to freedom with our 10 week course.
Local face-to-face course available in Hove & Brighton
Peace of Mind
Established 1937 in the UK. Delivering courses for over 80 years
Courses in practical wisdom for everyday living. Meet with like minded individuals.
This popular course is practical rather than academic and draws on sources of wisdom from East and West, past and present.
Explore Life To The Full… through 10 weekly sessions
How the introductory course works
This Hove course offers a practical means to discover fully who we are, understand how to relate to the world we live in and see what gets in the way of being happy, peaceful and free.
- Students are encouraged to test the ideas put forward in practice for themselves, in the light of their own experience.
- A tutor presents philosophical ideas, and leads a discussion based on what arises in the group.
- Practical rather than academic with the emphasis on personal knowledge and experience.
- A Tool kit is provided of practical and mindful exercises.
- Fresh thinking you can put into practice today
- New insights, Fresh Perspectives, Expertise in good company
By attending this 10 week course you will learn practical exercises that will help you
- Reduce stress
- Understand yourself and others
- Make better decisions
- Find contentment and simple happiness
- Discover the joy of living in the present moment
- Learn how to harness the transformative power of attention
- Uncover inner wisdom, potential and purpose
Next Introductory courses
Practical Philosophy Enrolment
- Free Introduction: Tue 10th Jan 2023 (7:30-8:45pm)
- Course Starts: Tue 17th Jan 2023 (7:30-9:30pm)
- Pay on the first evening of the course
- Course fee: £60
Introductory Offer £60.
How to Enrol
Find Us on the Map
Hove & Brighton
Frequently asked questions
The course is practical in the sense that it takes philosophical ideas and shows how they can be of direct use in our everyday lives. The intention is to stimulate enquiry and through this expand the way we look at the world and ourselves.
Online by clicking the Enrol Today button on this page. You can also email us at:
If you register online, you will receive a confirmation email with your day of attendance. If you register by any means other than online, you will receive a receipt confirming your registration.
No, all you need is an open and enquiring mind. The course is intended for everyone, regardless of education, occupation, race, political or religious belief.
First you need to enrol on a course. The in-person courses are available locally, and also at many other local venues up and down the UK. A local Arbury and Peterborough map can be found on this page.
What some of our students say...
“Absolutely loving the course!! …Really changing how I think about things and life in general.”
“...I am benefiting greatly from the content and the practical nature of it. Thank you, it is enriching my life.”
“The daily awareness exercises … have changed my thinking and I feel more relaxed about situations in the media and other aspects of my daily life.”
"The knowledge and experience that I have gained from the philosophy classes has helped me to discover more about myself and better prepare for dealing with life's daily surprises and challenges."